Arche Naturküche Sprout Germinator
Grow your own sprouts easily at home
(Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- 2 germination bowls with bottom & lid
- Ø 17.5 cm, height 15 cm
- Easy to clean
Item no.: BIOG-202642, Content: 1 Piece, EAN: 4020943220903
Fresh sprouts are a great way to add a boost of nutrition to your diet all year round but especially in winter. You can easily grow your own sprouts at home with this Sprout Germinator.
The germinator is easy to set up and use. It consists of 2 germination bowls, a bottom bowl and a lid. Each germination bowl has a built-in drain.
Instructions for use:
- Wash seeds and let them soak for about four hours. For sprouted grains or legumes, increase the soaking time to 12-15 hours.
- Distribute the soaked seeds evenly in the two germination bowls.
- Stack the two bowls on top of the bottom bowl. Make sure the drains are aligned. This ensures optimal water distribution.
- Cover with the lid and place in a bright spot out of direct sunlight. The temperature should ideally be constant at 20 °C.
- Small seeds should be rinsed with fresh water every 2 to 3 days, large ones daily. Check that the water drains through into the bottom tray and that the seeds / sprouts are not submerged in water.
- The sprouts should be harvested as directed on the seed packaging and ideally consumed on the same day. You can also keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Sprouts of legumes (e.g. lentils, chickpeas, soybeans, mung beans) should be blanched briefly (approx. 2 minutes) before eating.
Cleaning: It is dishwasher safe, but should be cleaned by hand with vinegar and a brush for hygienic reasons. Please clean the bowls thoroughly after each harvest.
Note: Some sprouts form many white, very fine threads. These are the hairy roots of the sprouts and not mould. Refer to the instructions on the packaging of your seeds.
Dimensions of the sprouting bowls: inner diameter 17.5 cm, height 15 cm
Amount and germination table for some popular sprouts:
|Variety||Seeds/Bowl (tbsp)||Germination time (in days)|
|alfalfa||1 - 2||3 - 6|
|broccoli||1||3 - 5|
|cress||1 - 3||3 - 4|
|lentils||2||3 - 4|
|radish||1||3 - 5|
|mustard||1||2 - 4|
|mung or soybeans||2||4 - 5|
|wheat||3||2 - 4|
|Type of Product::||Sprouts|
Questions & Answers about Arche Naturküche Sprout Germinator
English reviews written for Arche Naturküche Sprout Germinator
Dantesmile Muslin Produce Bags25.5 x 30.5 cm - 20.5 x 25.5 cm