Bake Affair Farmer's Bread
Made with carefully selected ingredients
(€ 10,36 / kg, Price shown includes 10% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Contains the finest spelt sourdough
- Made without preservatives
- Quick & easy to prepare
Item no.: BAF-14, Content: 752 g, EAN: 9120101511012
The classic farmer's bread is a must for any hearty meal. The baking mix contains the finest spelt sourdough and can be prepared quickly and easily.
Fresh ingredients needed:
- 430 ml of water
Instructions for 1 kg of Farmer's Bread:
- Open the package, pour the mix in a bowl, then add 430 ml of lukewarm water (see the water line in the can) and knead the dough by hand or with a food processor for about 3 minutes.
- Leave the dough to rest in a covered bowl at room temperature (approx. 24 ° C) for approx. 45 - 60 minutes.
- Flour your work surface and, if available, a proofing basket with flour.
- Place the dough on the floured work surface and fold in from the edges towards the center using a dough card. Shape into a round shape and place seam down in a proofing basket or place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Flour the dough a little and cover and let rise for approx. 60 minutes in a warm place (approx. 24 ° C).
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C (top / bottom heat) 40 minutes before the end of the rising period.
- Place the finished dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or onto a bread baking stone.
- Score the top of the dough using a sharp knife. Important: the cuts must be deep enough so that the steam can escape easily. Here you can let your creativity run free and create patterns!
- Bake at 230 ° C for 15 minutes, then reduce to 190 ° C and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet & allow to cool completely on a rack and serve.
Using a cast iron pot:
- While the bread is rising for the second time, place a wire rack in the middle of the oven and place a cast iron pot with a lid on it. Make sure you have oven mitts ready.
- Place the hot cast iron pot on a fireproof surface and remove the lid. Take the dough out of the proofing basket directly into the pot with the scores facing up. Close the hot lid, place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes (at 230 ° C). Then carefully remove the lid, reduce the oven temperature to 190 ° C and bake the bread until crispy and brown for about 20 minutes. Carefully take the bread out of the pot, let it cool completely on a rack and then serve.
|Type of Product:||Baking Mixes|
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1344 / 321 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||0,2 g|
|from Sugar||3,8 g|
- Rye Flour
- Spelt flour
- Spelt Sourdough
- Dry baker's yeast