Bake Affair Organic Shortcrust Biscuits
Baking mix for the most popular biscuits
(€ 16,99 / kg, Price shown includes 10% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Basic dough for many recipes
- Add fresh butter and egg yolk
- Free fro, artificial additives
Item no.: BAF-401, Content: 335 g, EAN: 9120101512439
A biscuit here, a biscuit there - shortcrust biscuits are always a treat, but during Advent they are a special highlight! You can make a delicious base dough for many recipes with this baking mix. All baking mixes by Bake Affair are free from artificial additives and use ingredients from local organic cultivation where possible.
Method: (for about 500 g biscuits):
Additional fresh ingredients needed:
- 165g butter
- 1 egg yolk
1. Open the seal and pour the baking mix into a large bowl.
2. Cut the cold butter into smal pieces and add to the baking mix along with the egg yolk. Knead into a dough by hand, in a food processor or with your Thermomix for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for about 60 minutes or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 170 °C top/bottom heat.
5. Line baking trays with baking paper.
6. Sprinkle the work surface and dough with flour and roll it out to a 5 mm thick sheet. Cut out shapes with your favourite cookie cutters.
7. Bake one sheet at a time on the middle rack for about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the size of the biscuits) until they turn light brown. Allow to cool slightly and remove from the baking sheet.
8. Dust the biscuits with cocoa powder, icing sugar or dessicated coconut, decorate with icing or make sandwiches with a jam or creamy nut nougat filling.
Beat one egg white in a food processor or Thermomix (10 sec. / level 6) until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar while beating at the highest level for about 1 to 2 minutes. The icing has the right consistency when stiff peaks form as you pull up the whisk. Transfer the icing to a piping bag and decorate your gingerbread biscuits.
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1507 / 360 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||0,1 g|
|from Sugar||26 g|