HiPP Anti-Reflux Special Baby Formula
Helps against excessive spitting up, reflux and burping
- From birth
- With natural lactic acid cultures
- For special nutritional needs
When babies spit up or burp a little after meals, it is considered normal and neither unusual nor worrying. However, if burping or spitting up happens particularly frequently or in a gush, the baby feels very uncomfortable after feeding or seems to be in pain, you should switch to special food after consultation with your paediatrician.
The HiPP Anti-Reflux Special Formula (AR formula) contains carob bean gum, a natural fibre that makes it creamy. This helps to keep the food down in the stomach and reduces the flow back into the oesophagus (reflux).
Important information on Anti Reflux Special Formula:
- Experts agree that breastfeeding is best for your baby during the first six months of life. Therefore, always talk to a medical professional (hospital, paediatrician, midwife or lactation consultant) if you want to switch to bottle-feeding or to specialist baby milk formulas.
- This special food may only be used after medical consultation and under medical supervision.
- HiPP AR special formula can be used in case of problems with excessive spitting up from birth onwards. It can also be part of a varied weaning diet after 6 months of age.
- The HiPP AR special formula is not suitable for allergy-prone babies and those with an existing or a suspected allergy to cow's milk protein.
- When switching to this product, the carob gum it contains can lead to softer stools.
- Normally the reflux symptoms and possible side effects of the change in diet should stop within a few days. If there is no improvement, please consult the paediatrician again.
- To be fed orally only. Not suitable for parenteral use.
- Please also note the information on the use of infant formula at the end of this page.
Dosage: Please adhere exactly to the dosage prescribed by the manufacturer. However, the amount your baby drinks is only a guideline, which may vary from child to child. Don't force your baby to empty the bottle!
Please only use the measuring spoon provided with the pack to measure out the powder (corresponds to approximately 4.3 g HiPP AR special formula powder or 30 ml water).
|Age||Bottle feeds / day||Ready-to-drink formula (ml)||Boiled drinking water (ml)||Amount of powder (measuring spoon)|
|1st - 2nd week *||7 to 8||70||60||2|
|3rd - 4th week||5 to 7||100||90||3|
|5th - 8th week||5 to 6||135||120||4|
|3rd - 4th month||5||170||150||5|
|5th month **||4 to 5||200||180||6|
|from the 6th month||4||235||210||7|
* Unless otherwise recommended by the paediatrician
** From this point on, solid foods can be introduced to your baby's diet (after consultation with the paediatrician) and the number of bottle feeds per day can be gradually reduced.
- Boil fresh drinking water and measure the required amount according to the dosage table and pour it into a bottle.
- Let it cool down to 40 - 50 °C (tip: If you don't have a thermometer, check the temperature with your hand: if you can just about hold the bottle in your hand, the temperature is correct).
The right water temperature is important - the water needs to be warm enough for the powder to dissolve well but not so hot that the valuable natural lactic acid cultures (lactobacilli) get destroyed.
- Measure the required amount of powder with the measuring spoon provided - take the amount appropriate for the age of your baby. Fill the spoon loosely and wipe off any excess on the scraper edge of the pack or with the back of a knife.
- Add the powder to the water in the bottle, close tightly and shake well.
- The HiPP AR special formula must stand for 7 minutes to thicken after preparation. Then shake vigorously again and make sure that it is at a comfortable feeding temperature (approx. 37°C) before you feed your baby.