Bake Affair Organic Shortcrust Pastry Dough
€ 5,58 € 6,29 -11%
(€ 16,66 / kg, Price shown includes 10% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- For 1 sweet tart
- Also suitable for cookies
- Few additional ingredients needed
Item no.: BAF-353, Content: 335 g, EAN: 9120101511807
Many cooks shy away from shortcrust pastry dough. This organic baking mix by Bake Affair takes all the guesswork and mystery out of it to make it easy and achievable. Made with the best organic ingredients (without artificial additives and non-GMO) for easy preparation, you can now enjoy fine, homemade tarts, pies or biscuits!
For 1 tart or 2 trays of biscuits made from delicate shortcrust pastry, you will need:
- 1 can organic shortcrust dough baking mix
- 165 g cold butter
- 1 egg (only the egg yolk)
- Depending on the type of pastry: filling or decoration as desired
Resting time for the dough: at least 60 min
- Tarte / Pie: 10 min at 190°C (blind baking) + 30 min at 170°C ( top / bottom heat)
- Biscuits: approx. 10 - 15 min at 170°C (top / bottom heat)
And this is how you make a sweet pie crust with shortcrust pastry dough:
- Open the seal and pour the baking mix into a sufficiently large bowl or your food processor / Thermomix.
- Cut 165 g cold butter into small pieces and separate the egg. Add the butter pieces and the egg yolk to the baking mix.
- Knead the dough quickly (max. 2 - 3 min) by hand, the food processor or the Thermomix to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate it for at least 60 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease your tart pan or baking tray, or line with parchment paper. Sprinkle the work surface and dough with a little flour.
- Tarte / Pie: Roll out the dough thinly. It has to be larger than your tart pan so that you can pull up along the sides. Place the dough in the tart pan and prick it several times with a fork. Blind bake the dough in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Tip: For blind baking the dough, cover it with baking paper and weigh it down with dried beans or peas to prevent the dough from rising.
Then, reduce the heat to 170°C. Fill your pie crust with your prepared filling and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Biscuits or cookies: Roll out the dough about 5 mm thick on a floured work surface. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes and place them on parchment-lined baking trays. Depending on their size, the biscuits will need to be baked for 10-15 minutes in an oven preheated to 170°C. They are ready when they are lightly browned. We recommend placing the trays one after the other on the middle rack and not baking multiple trays at the same time. Decorate or fill your finished shortcrust biscuits with icing sugar or chocolate, coloured sugar pearls, sprinkles or jam.
|Certifications:||EU / non-EU Organic Symbol, Austrian Organic Guarantee|
|Free From:||Artificial Flavours, Artificial Colours, Palm oil|
|Type of Product:||Baking Mixes|
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1507 / 360 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||0,1 g|
|from Sugar||26 g|
Questions & Answers about Bake Affair Organic Shortcrust Pastry Dough
English reviews written for Bake Affair Organic Shortcrust Pastry Dough
1 customer review in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 1 review available in another language.
- No reviews available