Bake Affair Stick Bread & Baguettes for Grilling
Makes 4 small baguettes or 6 stick breads
(€ 11,93 / kg, Price shown includes 10% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- For the grill or a campfire
- 100% Austrian flour
- Quick & easy to use
Item no.: BAF-4, Content: 670 g, EAN: 9120101510169
German packaging: Grillbrot & Baguette
Easily whip up classic baguettes at home or enjoy them at your next barbecue! The bread can also be made over a campfire.
- Add the baking mix to a bowl then pour in 450 ml of lukewarm water (see the water line in the can). Knead the dough by hand or use a bread machine or mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in the bowl at room temperature (approx. 24 ° C) for approx. 30 - 60 minutes.
6 Stick Breads:
- Make the dough as listed above. Knead the dough briefly on a well-floured work surface, then divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll the dough into ropes about 40 cm long. Wrap the dough around a pointed stick end and press it together lightly at the end of the stick so it doesn't slide off when you roast it.
4 Small Baguettes:
- Make the dough as listed above in the Baguette recipe. Knead the dough briefly on a well-floured work surface, divide it into 4 pieces that are approximately the same size and shape the pieces into baguette shapes (approx. 20 cm). Alternatively, you can also make two bigger loaves (ca. 35 cm).
- Cover and let rest for 30 - 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven (electric) or grill to 230 ° C.
- Use a sharp knife to score the baguettes several times.
- Brush or spray the baguettes with a little lukewarm water
Grilling or Roasting on an Open Fire:
- Baguettes: place the baguettes on the wire rack at 230 ° C - indirect heat, close the lid, close the ventilation slider and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Stick bread: hold the stick about 20 cm away from the embers and turn slowly until the bread is golden brown.
Place the baguettes on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
4 baguettes: bake at 230 ° C for 17-20 minutes.
2 baguettes: bake at 230 ° C for 10 minutes, then reduce to 190 ° C and bake for another 15 minutes.
Let the baked bread or baguette cool for 10 minutes before eating.
|Product Features:||Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Type of Product:||Baking Mixes|
- Wheat Flour
- Spelt flour
- Dry baker's yeast
- Granulated Garlic
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1407 / 336 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||0,2 g|
|from Sugar||1,2 g|
How to Make "Stockbrot" (Bread on a Stick) - in German