Herbaria Organic Mediterranean Breadcrumbs
Enjoy them with vegetables, cheese and salad
- Rosemary & thyme flavours
- No enzymes
- Origin: Germany
These breadcrumbs are produced by hand in Bavaria without added enzymes. They are seasoned with a clever herb and spice mixture.
The Mediterranean breadcrumbs can be used for many dishes: fish, meat, vegetables, tofu or cheese. They make a beautifully crisp breading, salad, pasta or antipasti. Also perfect for stuffed vegetables and crumbled feta.
(Preparation time: 25 minutes Serves 4)
- 1 large eggplant
- 800 g tomatoes
- 400 g penne
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- Sicilian rock salt
- 125 g Mediterranean breadcrumbs
- 1/2 bunch mint
- Cut the eggplant into small cubes and fry in a nonstick frying pan, and fry until golden brown for 8-10 minutes over high heat, stirring often, so that the cubes are evenly browned on all sides.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes, taking care to remove the stems. Simmer the tomatoes in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the penne according to package directions until al dente.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Fry the breadcrumbs with 3 tablespoons olive oil just until crispy, then let them cool on a plate.
- Fry the garlic in a pan with the remaining olive oil for 1 minute. Add the eggplant and tomatoes and season with the breadcrumbs.
- Chop the mint leaves thoroughly.
- Drain the penne, mix with the mint and the sauce and let boil briefly. Distribute the penne on plate and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.