Barbecue & Grilling Tips for 2022 - Bake Affair
The days are getting warmer now and soon the air will be filled with the delicious aromas of grilling meats, sausages, bread and vegetables. It will be time to dust off the grill and roll up your sleeves. But even the most ardent fan of burgers, sausages and store-bought bread will begin to tire of the same old, same old. We present some unusual and creative ideas for healthy grilling
Grilling sustainably, with banana leaves for example instead of aluminium foil
Have you ever grilled food wrapped in banana leaves? If not, it's time to try.
Wrap the food you want to grill - meat, vegetables, cheese etc. - along with fresh herbs and spices in banana leaves and tie together with a piece of string. Brush generously with oil and place on the grill. Food grilled this way not only looks good and tastes delicious, it is also healthier than food grilled in aluminium foil. You can also use leaves from other plants such as rhubarb, cabbage and chard.
What sauce for the goose...
A good sauce can make or break a meal. But sometimes sauces are full of hidden calories. A quick look at the label will reveal the amount of sugar a sauce contains. Also, keep an eye out for unhealthy additives. Commercially available products often contain added colours, preservatives and flavour enhancers.
Our tip: Make the sauce yourself! Both marinades and barbecue sauces are easy to make at home and you can decide exactly what goes in there. Using fresh herbs is always a good idea here. Rosemary, oregano and sage add wonderful aromas to every sauce. A marinade of soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and garlic adds a wonderful glaze to grilled beef and poultry.
Side dishes & grilled bread
For the perfect barbecue experience, side dishes are just as important as the sausages, burgers and the like. Here's an unusual but delicious idea for something new: homemade bread fresh off the grill! For example, Bake Affair grilled bread with various rubs, roasted sweet potatoes with herbs and grilled feta make a complete grilled meal.
The premium baking mixes by Bake Affair are a great idea for discerning grill fans. The unusual aromas add new facets to the grilling experience. All grilled bread and baking mixes by Bake Affair are free from additives, 100% natural and made in Austria.
Recipe idea: Herb Garlic Bread
High-quality flour, fresh herbs from the garden and fresh butter make this baguette very special. Here is an easy recipe you can try out at your next party.
- Stick Bread/Baguette Mix by Bake Affair
- 60 g soft butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Pepper, chilli
- 1 tsp thyme
- Sprig of fresh parsley and a few mint leaves
- Cheese (e.g. Gouda) - optional
- Pour out the contents of the baking mix in a bowl and add 450 ml lukewarm water (fill up to water line in the tin). Knead the dough by hand, with a kitchen machine or with your Thermomix for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest at room temperature (around 24°C) for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Briefly knead the dough again on a well-floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal size balls and shape them into 20 cm long baguettes. Alternatively, divide into 2 equal parts and shape into 2 large baguettes about 35 cm long each.
- Cover and rest for another 30 - 60 minutes at room temperature. Preheat grill to 230°C. Score the top of the baguettes several times with a sharp knife. Brush or spray the baguettes with some lukewarm water.
- Place on the grate at 230 °C - indirect heat, close the lid, close the ventilation slides and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Finely mash or chop the garlic cloves and mix with the butter and the remaining ingredients.
- Make a deep cut along the length of the baguettes with a bread knife and fill with garlic butter - do not cut all the way.
- Slice the cheese if using and place in the baguettes. Brush the baguettes with the remaining butter.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Packed in a cardboard box
- Made without preservatives
- Handpicked ingredients
- For about 9 burger buns
- For the ultimate burger
- Made from local Austrian ingredients
- Makes about 3 pizzas
- With organic spices
- Made from the best Austrian wheat flour
In stock5.0 (3)
- Makes 500 g of bread
- Just add water
- Organic wheat flour and yeast mixture