Frierss- Generations of Classic Flavours!
This week we're showcasing the Carinthian family business Frierss. Frierss has been producing delicious meat and sausage specialties for over 100 years. Read more about them here!
120 Years of Great Food
The Frierss family has been making traditional ham and sausages for five generations.
It all started in 1898 when Rudolf Frierss bought a property in Villach after completing his training as a master butcher. This made Frierss the first sausage producer in Villach, laying the foundation for the long, successful history of the family company. The defining characteristic of the Frierss brand has always been its outstanding quality. As the brand grew and the family grew with it, they set their eyes toward innovation. After the Second World War, the family established the first original Italian production facility for Mortadella in Austria.
A Large Assortment
Today, Frierss is one of the leading sausage and ham specialists in Austria and has around 110 employees. Their large range of products includes about 150 different types of sausages, ham and smoked meat specialties. These products are manufactured in two IFS-certified production facilities. The products are mainly sold in the Austrian food trade, gastronomy and delicatessens, but the first-class goods are also exported worldwide, including to Japan, South Korea and Germany.
The first-class quality and incomparable taste of Frierss products have been recognised with many different awards. The company has won hundreds of gold medals for the excellent flavours of their foods in both national and international competitions.
Browse Frierss products here!
Truffle Mortadella with Roasted Pumpkin Wedges & Mashed Pumpkin
This recipe is just an example of some of the delicious meals you can make using Frierss products!
- 100 g Friers truffle mortadella
- 1 kg Muskat pumpkin, cut into 5 columns
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Truffles, freshly sliced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fry the pumpkin wedges in olive oil and season them with salt, pepper and some sugar. Then marinate the pumpkin wedges with balsamic vinegar.
- For the mashed pumpkin, cut the pumpkin into small cubes. Then cook it in cream, milk, salt, turmeric and sugar until soft. Then puree with a hand mixer.
- Arrange the finely sliced truffle mortadella on a plate with the pumpkin wedges and pumpkin cream.
- Garnish everything with freshly sliced truffles and seasonal herbs - yum!
- In a glass bottle
- Without preservative substances
- herbal lemonade
6 pcs€ 10,74 € 11,70(€ 0,12 / 100 ml)5.0 (7)Special offer
- Suitable for gastronomy, even base for ice
- Dishwasher-safe with screen-printed decor
- Depicts a couple in traditional Austrian garb
1 Set€ 8,495.0 (1)
- Ideal for sweetening fruits and fruit salads
- For cooking & baking
- Calorie free
125 ml€ 4,99(€ 3,99 / 100 ml)5.0 (1)
- Pleasantly fruity & mild
- Whole fruit without a stone
- Refines cold & warm dishes
350 g€ 2,69(€ 0,77 / 100 g)5.0 (1)